Monday, August 27, 2012

Where is my Kingdom Hearts on a console?

    
     Now I know I am not the only fan of the Kingdom Hearts series.  I do have to call it a series, because plenty of games have come out for Kingdom Hearts, and only two of those have seen a console release.  Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and the Playstation 2
Here's a list of all the games:
  1. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
  2. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  3. Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
  4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  5. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  6. Kingdom Hearts Coded
  7. Kingdom Hearts 3D:  Dream Drop Distance
     See what I mean, 7 different games not including games on the mobile phones and only the first two have seen a console release?  That is pretty damn stupid to me.  The series has sold over 17 million copies in 2011, they have released merchandise, a manga comic, soundtracks, figurines, books, novels.  I mean what the hell else do they need to see that the product sells really well and us as consumers want to see it have life on the consoles again?

     Since the first game of Kingdom Hearts was release September 17, 2002 in the U.S. I would think a 10 year anniversary HD Collection of the titles would be nice to see on the newer consoles.  I'd also love to hear any more info on what is going on with Kingdom Hearts 3. 

     No, instead a 10 year anniversary box consists of Kingdom Hearts 3d, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, a Nintendo 3DS cover, and 12 postcards.  What the hell is that?  Nothing against the 3DS, because I have one and it's ok to play, but why is this 10 year box only things for the Nintendo DS and 3DS.  10 years ago it was on Playstation 2, I think 10 year anniversary it should see something on the Playstation 3.  You can see what the Kingdom Hearts 10 year anniversary box looks like here

     I have not understood what seems to be such taboo to get a Kingdom Hearts back on a console.  I mean do we really have to wait to the next generation for a possibility of it?  Or is the only way we can enjoy it right now on handheld devices?

     To me it's an easy suggestion of getting an HD Collection to release on a current generation console, then they can make Kingdom Hearts 3 on the next gen consoles.  I'd just love to stop seeing this great franchise treated only with portable releases.  It made its home on a console to begin with, and I'd love to see it back home soon on a console where it belongs

No comments:

Post a Comment